Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sick Day Surprise

Today I woke up with the worst migraine I've experienced in a long time. I haven't quite figured out what exactly is causing them, but it hasn't been on the forefront of my mind since I haven't experienced one in over a year. 

However, today they struck again! It was miserable, No amount of sleep fixed it. The. Worst. Every time I woke up from a nap I actually felt worse. 

Around 3 pm though I forced myself out of bed, between actually being vertical and two cups of coffee the migraine eventually ebbed away. Right as I set my second cup down, I heard the door bell ring.

Note, this is highly unusual for me. So, defensively, I went to check to door, and much to my surprise my boyfriend had sent me flowers! In a giant coffee cup vase. A-MAZ-ING. I probably didn't stop smiling for the couple hours to follow.

Now I'm studying for a midterm on Friday, sipping on peppermint tea, and smelling my beautiful flowers (along with the Pumpkin Caramel Latte candle I've been burning non-stop). I'd say the day turned itself around.

XO - Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment