Monday, September 29, 2014

Reading Recommendation: The Maze Runner by James Dashner


The Maze Runner by James Dashner is one of those two-day-can't-put-the-book-down-reads. 

I read the book when it came out a few years ago, back when I was reading 3-4 books a week (AKA high school, you know when free time was a thing). I never picked up the sequel probably because I was too busy reading something else.

This past weekend my boyfriend and I went out and saw the movie, mostly it was an excuse to eat popcorn. I was surprised at how fantastic the movie really was! Now, if you're a die-hard book fan you'll notice that the book and the movie have their differences, but over all it was a great film. So great, that the next morning my boyfriend and I headed to Barnes and Nobles to pick up a copy each!

I've been reading it non-stop for the last two days and finally finished it. The characters in the movie are pretty similar to the character descriptions in the book, which made for an easy transition. 

I'm not very good at synopsis, mostly because I believe it ruins a good book. But it's based in a futuristic (possibly?) world with a dystopian feel, and some peter-pan lost boys in an experiment like feel. Just go read the back of the book people >.> 

The reading level isn't very high. I'd place it just below Harry Potter on the reading level scale (I'm sure there is one... but for quick mental reference). I blazed thorough the book, and it picked up quickly. Even though I knew what was going to happen, the author still kept me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend picking it up! I'll actually going to head  over to pick up the sequel this time~

No comments:

Post a Comment