Sunday, September 21, 2014

Beginning Project Life

Project Life is something I think most paper project addicts come across. After a couple years of contemplation, and a few Michael's gift cards, I've finally taken the plunge. 

If you're like me, you feel the need to document things way to late. Since it's my senior year of college, I've finally decided I've felt the need to photograph everything. What am I going to do with all these photos? Project Life of course!

If you don't know what Project Life is, it's basically 'mini-scrap-booking' on a weekly basis. Now I have no where near the amount of time to scrap every week and stay on top of it. So I've already decided to scrap a month at a time. 

Laying out each spread week by week looks great when I see pictures online, however, for me it's not exactly practical. I take pictures erratically, and inconsistently. So laying out a month at a time will still allow me to keep track of everything that's happening without the stress of having enough pictures. I'm excited to document my everyday life a little differently than normal.

I chose to use a Project Life mini album. These are 6x8, and still have the ring binder option. I wanted to use a mini album as a test run. I'm still not sure I'll ever have enough photos to fill up a full album, and the 6x8 album is easier to hold and look through in my experience. If I find I have plenty of photos, I may bump up to the 12x12 for 2015. 

September 2014 Cover Page



I've used cards from various collections. I have the Midnight Edition core kit, along with several sets of 3x4 journal cards from We R Memory Keepers. The pumpkin spice photo and the September photo's I found online and printed out on photo paper. 

Most of the photos are from my instax mini 8 or straight off my phone. The smaller 2x2 photos on the right are Instagram photos from the weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment