Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week 36 in my Filofax


Week 36 is almost over! I can't believe I'm almost two weeks into my senior year of college. It's been a crazy couple weeks getting meetings set up and doing homework at the same time. I don't know where I would be without my filofax.

I've been 'filofaxing' for just over a year now, and it has been quite an exciting / crafting journey. If you've seen any posts on my old blog (zinzeyray.tumblr.com) then you'll have seen the changes happen in my filofax. I used to decorate like crazy, kawaii stickers, the whole nine yards. However, it was just too much for me. I couldn't actually use my planner as a tool to help me organize. I would obsess over it looking perfect. Now I let my schedule decorate itself with a color-coding washi tape system. If you don't know what washi tape is, I'm sorry, I've just introduced you into a future addiction. 

The color coding is really convenient and low maintenance No, I don't take washi tape with me to school, cut the pieces out when I get a new assignment or have a new meeting. I write everything down through the day with my trusty Pilot Frixion Pen (again a new addiction if you haven't seen them) and at the end of the day I sit down, go through the new additions, and update my filofax with some washi tape. 

This has worked really well for me. I've been utilizing this systems for about nine months now, and it's translated nicely from school, to work, and back to school very nicely. 

Here are some links to what I'm currently using in my filofax:
Frixion Pens
Thin Washi Tape
Target Dollar Spot Page Flags

My filofax is a personal size, yellow original.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply beautiful. Good luck in your senior year.

      Delete